I love that word!! Zucchini haha… But I’m English & it’s called courgette.
Iv wanted to adopt some vegan dishes into my diet for some time now & it’s just taken me ages due to lack of time (as usual busy bee)
Today was my first attempt at replacing pasta with courgette strips & I was pleasently surprised! It will definitely take some getting used to just because it’s abit different but it’s really yummy! Super quick & you don’t feel yuk & lethargic afterwards 🙂
I must admit I did cheat & add cream into my sauce because my fridge was empty today 🙈 (Sorry Vegans) but it’s a step in the right direction. I guess. Lol.
Here’s how I did it…
• Lightly fry 5 button mushrooms with salt & pepper
• Add a chillie (optional)
• Single cream (2 teaspoons)
• Pinch of oregano
• Stir fry the courgette strips until nicely warned through (be careful not to make then soggy by over cooking)
• Place in a plate
• Warm through some finely chopped red pepper with black pepper
• Sprinkle over the top
• Add olive oil & coriander for taste & to make it pretty